Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Travel Tuesday: Tahiti

All of this freezing cold weather is making me wish for warm tropical days so I thought a trip down memory lane to Bora Bora and Moorea in Tahiti would bring us all a little sunshine. 

Disclaimer: Please excuse the horrible photo quality. Seriously! These photos were taken back in 1991 probably with a disposable camera. Photoshop could only do so much.

First off let me explain that this 7-day cruise was a freebie. I know! Crazy, huh? I had a college friend who was working for a medical supply company and all of the sales reps were invited to take a "business trip" to Tahiti all expenses paid...for 2!

Niiice!

Again, since this cruise was 20 years ago the ship we were on wasn't anything like the cities-on-the-sea of this day and age. We were on a ship called the Wind Song {which as I posted the Wikipedia link I read this ship had an engine room fire a year after I was on it and was a total loss! Wow!}

The Wind Song

After flying 9 hours from L.A. to Papeete, Tahiti, we stayed at some resort with this view. Gorgeous, I know!

We first stopped on the island of Moorea. We rented mopeds and toured the island. The views were phenomenal.


Our next stop was Bora Bora
Talk about heaven on Earth.
There was a bar called Bloody Mary's that is literally on a beach and the floor is the sand on the beach. If you ever go there beware of the bathroom situation:
Yeah. I took a picture of it. The toilet is out back with no door. No privacy whatsoever. Lovely. 

I wish I had taken more pictures of this island. I'll never forget their water. It is pure turquoise. I did not photoshop this picture. That's how crystal clear and amazing the water is.

I'd have to say that my biggest thrill was happening upon the rehearsals for Tahiti Fete. It's a little known secret that back in the day I used to dance hula and tahitian. I've danced on and off since the age of about 9. So to see these performers just in costume rehearsal was a complete thrill for me.

Do you all feel a bit warmer and relaxed now?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are great pictures!!! Love them and how beautiful it is there.

I posted the badge on my blog. Go check it girlie! :)

sausan said...

Gorgeous pocs, Diane! How beautiful! And what a gorgeous keepsake! TY so much for sharing those photos with us! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Dina said...

I am bad about leaving comments, too! These pics are amazing...I must go there!!