Monday, January 17, 2011

hitting the road

On Saturday I drove my parents up to Grass Valley to pick up their new motorhome. I tried to get them to display some form of excitement over this momentous occasion and all they managed was one arm up in the air. Oh well, they are retired so I suppose they're entitled to just take life easy!

 I'm so excited for them to go out and see the country and visit family and friends. They worked hard to raise 4 kids and send us all to a private college. They deserve this more than anyone I know and I only hope to follow in their footsteps one day!

My little guy had a basketball game yesterday and played his best game yet. He is 6 for 6 on his free throws and his coach called him a free throw machine. :-P


My sister and her husband came by to root Darren on since they were in town. Darren can't wait to meet his new cousins! She's at the 5-month mark and the wait is already killing me!


I've managed to move into my new scrap space and can't wait to share photos when everything is finally unpacked. I also have a list of projects I want to work on before Valentine's Day. I still have a hallway of boxes and things to move and unpack so wish me luck!

On a serious note, in honor of the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday holiday observance today, please take the time to listen to his words of wisdom and hope. He would have turned 82 on Saturday. Who knows what the world be like now were he still alive.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is totally cool! Someday I wanna see the world! Congrats to the boy! Machine! Cant wait to see your scrap space girl. Good luck!

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Awwwwww, I am so happy for your mom and dad. Wow thats some mobile home. Nice! My hubby want to do that when the kids get older. ( with a scrapping corner for me of course...lol)
Looking forward in seeing photos of your new scrapping space. I love to look at different scrap areas....I think that's one of my hobbies. Anyways thanks for stopping by my blog.
Hugs to you,
Leslie