Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Travel Tuesday: Muir Woods

 Before I start on Travel Tuesday can I play catch up from Saturday?

Ginger and I spent the day here in Berkeley window shopping and working on this at Scrapbook Territory:



We were first admiring these last winter when KL had this Tannenbaum project for sale through her Kenner Road website. She brought it back in a slightly different form for last October's Silver Bella and Ginger and I were all twitterpated about making one. We basically had all of the supplies but for the jello mold which we picked up at the Vintage House here in town.  I don't know how KL dreams up these things but this is by far the most adorable thing ever!

OK - so now on to Travel Tuesday: Muir Woods

It's all about something local here in the Bay Area. 
I swear I will never move out of the Bay Area as long as I live. Within a 4 hour drive you can reach Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, Napa and Carmel. How can you beat that?

Muir Woods is a national monument just north of San Francisco in Marin County. You get to enjoy the infamous scenic drive up Highway 1 before reaching the entrance. 

The coastal redwoods are awe-inspiring and almost hard to believe that it is located only 11 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge and the bustling city of San Francisco.

The paved trail is very people-friendly and the self-guided tour allows you to wander at your own pace. There are 6 miles of trails if you are in the mood for a bit more of a workout.

I had a friend visit from the East Coast last year and I took her here as well as Stinson Beach up the road. Here are a few photos I took:

This is from a lookout point off of Highway 1:







If this place doesn't make you a nature lover, I don't know what will!

On a final note, I celebrated my birthday on Monday and enjoyed a lovely dinner with my family and my parents. Here's a photo of my favorite drink: the lemon drop. Mmmm!



No comments: