Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Travel Tuesday: inspired by vintage finds


I bought these vintage bulbs at the local vintage store last year at their post-Christmas sale and couldn't wait to display them this year. 

They fit perfect atop my Christmas candle holders that I bought in Germany 14 years ago. And this is what brings me to my Travel Tuesday destination today:

Rothenburg, Germany



Rothenburg is a walled-in city that took my breath away with it's beauty. We were lucky enough to arrive during the change of seasons so all of the tree leaves were vibrant shades of red and orange.



We stayed at a hotel that was 600-years old. The wood-beamed ceilings and stone walls in the entry were so rustic it felt like I was taken back to the time it was built. This photo shows the entrance to our hotel. Can I tell you how much I love cobblestone roads?


One of the first stops my sister and I made {yes, we're women...of course we're going to shop!} we went to the Kathe Wohlfahrt Christmas store

omg.

This store made my jaw drop to the floor. Seriously. I bought 2 dozen beautiful ornaments along with my candle holders and a few gifts for Christmas and they shipped everything home directly. You gotta love it. 


My tree is still adorned with the ornaments I bought there by half thanks to my then-kitten, Bocce, who decided he wanted to climb the live tree I had in my apartment at the time and caused the tree to come tumbling down. :-(

What do you have displayed in your home that you bought in a far-off place?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Wish i had something from a far off place!