Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What are you doing in honor of Earth Week?

I got a little ahead of myself and ordered a few of these last week after seeing a friend using them:



They are reusable snack and sandwich bags! You can get them here. These bags are great! They come in different sizes and have a shiny semi-slippery interior so that anything can be put inside: chips, pretzels, strawberries, you name it! You can either wipe them clean with a damp paper towel or even wash them in the washing machine!

And in celebration of Earth Week, anything you buy on their website is 20% off!  

I am always in awe of the number of plastic sandwich and snack bags that kids use and throw away at school. I think how every kid probably goes through 2 or 3 plastic sandwich bags a day and if you multiply that by the number of kids at school and multiply that by the number of schools in my school district...well, you get the picture. It most certainly adds up to a lot of waste! 


I also like these as an option:
 
 They are Tupperware sandwich keepers. I like these because of the non-squish factor for sandwiches. You can get them through a Tupperware rep or here.

In celebration of Earth Week I also picked up these beauties:



These are my third pair of Simple sneakers. I {heart} them! They are soooo comfy and there is no break-in time needed! The box they come in is made out of 100% post-consumer materials, the shoelaces are made out of recycled soda bottles {no joke!} and the outsoles and shoe inserts are made out of recycled car tires! But really, the purple flower design on the inside of the shoe was the added bonus to the cuteness factor!

What do you do to recycle?

No comments: