Wednesday, April 28, 2010

No Turning Back Now...

I signed up for the See Jane Run half marathon in Alameda on June 5th. Granted, I've been training for it for almost 2 months now but I made a point of not registering up until today in the event of a re-injury to my calf or some other age-related body part breakdown. :-P

I am running with 2 friends and it's going to be our longest run E.V.E.R. We've been running our long runs together and have so far managed to do an 8-miler and a 10-miler. Yup, that 10-miler was a doozy. Let's just say a nap was in order that afternoon!


I'm super excited yet nervous about the race but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. If you're in the Bay Area, check it out. You can't beat the post-run party which entails chocolate and champagne!

On another note, I just received an e-mail from Starbucks that I've achieved Gold Level member status. 


Yikes! I didn't even know they were keeping track of my coffee purchases through my Starbucks card. I am not sure what entails achieving this level and I don't want to know! 


National Scrapbook Day is this Saturday, May 1st. What are your plans? I'm going to be quite busy that day with Darren's First Communion and a BBQ here afterwards so I'm hoping to catch some scrapping fever on Sunday. I would have LOVED to have attended the Reflections Event in Southern CA this weekend. Instructors for the event include Elizabeth Kartchner, Debee Campos, Katie Watson & Maggie Holmes. Totally amazing and talented artists...{sigh} Perhaps next year...

No comments: