Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This and that



A bunch of randomness for today:

the ATC I finished yesterday for a SisTV swap. The theme was "GO Green" so I tried to use as many recycled materials as I could. I used extra kraft cardstock, a Starbucks eco-friendly mini-newspaper that came last winter I had saved, I cut up packaging from some scrapbooking supplies to use as a 'tag' and cut up some currogated cardboard from some packaging box. The flower is made of some old Basic Grey patterned paper from my scrap bin, a crossword puzzle from the day's newspaper and a vintage bingo marker. My 'leaves' were made by cutting up a plastic water bottle and using alcohol ink to make it green. I think the only non-recycled material was the RECYCLE text I used with my Dymo label maker.




I did a 5K run this morning and focused on speed since I ran a shorter distance. Anyone know of a 10K run in the Bay Area in the next month or so? I can't seem to find one!



Nikki Peterson had a fun quiz on her blog today where it asks you to pick out your favorite colors and decor to determine your decor style. Mine came back as Family Modern which seems about right. My decor seems to be family-friendly since I have a 7 year-old who likes to tear up the house. Try it out here.


3 comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks for your idea for the chipboard!

Anonymous said...

Love that ATC! Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hear there ARE mini Thickers, they are just hard to find!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee the ATC's and what a cool quiz!!! Thanks for the link...and thanks for visiting my blog!! I appreciate it! :):):):):):) The TWILIGHT Convention was held in Avondale, AZ. yesterday....it was a TOTAL BLAST!!!!!! Sadly.....the midnight screening will be REALLY on Thursday the 19th....and I have to work on the 20th...BUT....I will be THERE on FRIDAY NIGHT after work! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)