Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lucky Girls We Are!






Now if any of you know my friend Ginger, you know that she ALWAYS has luck on her side (she claims it's because she was born in the Year of the Rabbit, yeah, right!)

Well, for once, I think some of her mojo rubbed off on me.

Friday night we took a mini- canvas book binding class from the one and only Tim Holtz at My Daughter's Wish in Pleasant Hill. We had such a fun time using paint, beeswax and metals. I especially loved the brass cigar box corners we added onto the edges of our canvas.

Anyhow, Tim gave away some awesome raffle prizes and guess what???

Yup!

Ginger and I both won!

Ginger was randomly chosen to pick the first winning raffle ticket out of the raffle basket and can you believe the girl has the gumption to somehow pick her own ticket??? I mean, come on! She won a tin filled with ink, paint and other delectibles.

I, on the other hand, won the last prize of the day. Something I REALLY wanted. Tim held up 2 t-shirts that you can't buy anywhere and one was a fun green tee that I wanted to get my hands on. Another gal won first and I was SURE she was going to pick the green one. But alas, she didn't! Not that I thought I was going to be the next raffle ticket picked but sure enough I was!

I screamed so loud you probably would have thought I won the lottery (or as Ginger said: that I was at a Duran Duran concert. LOL)

Ginger and I had Tim sign our winnings too. :)

So, here's me, Ginger and Tim and our glorious prizes!

2 comments:

Ginger Dougherty said...

What a fun night!!!

Unknown said...

that looks like so much fun! You girls are so lucky! I need some of that luck! lol!