Wednesday, May 5, 2010

KR and KL-inspired

For those of you who didn't get the newsletter I was soooo sad to hear that KL has decided to close her Kenner Road kit club. I am happy though that she can now spend more QT (quality time!) with her "littles" and sit back and relax a bit more. Believe me, I know how fun yet taxing running a kit club can be! 

On the bright side for us scrappers, she is going to continue creating digital goodness to sell on 2Peas as well as projects and classes {hopefully!} down the road.

I happened to get my hands on the April main kit, "Patchwork" as well as the project kit, "Nine Patch." I haven't had a chance to start on the vintage banner that she created with the project kit but I am definitely going to make it hopefully this weekend! 

Here's a layout I did last week with the main kit:


I am loving the Martha Stewart Punch "Around the Page." I used it on the layout above. KL was playing with it at Scrapbook Territory a few weeks back {even though she was playing with it like a 007 gadget! :-P} and I just had to have it. Thank goodness for 40% off coupons from Michaels!

I also made a KL/7gypsies-inspired necklace that I found on the 7gypsies blog. I had all the components I needed to make the necklace except for the linen. KL was sweet enough to hand over some of hers so that I would have no excuse not to make one. Ha! Ha! {Thanks KL!}

Here it is:


Instead of adding the travel arrow that she used in her necklace I added this little tiny pineapple that I've been holding on to FOREVER and was so happy to finally put it to use! My first piece of handmade jewelry! Totally exciting. :-)

It's a busy week in the holiday world. 
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to all you fellow teachers out there! Please don't forget to let your children's teachers know they are appreciated! Now off to make some Mother's Day cards...

2 comments:

Ginger Dougherty said...

sweet necklace...i scrapped too!!!

Diana Martin said...

Such sad, sad news isn't it.....glad she will still be around to share her creativeness with us all!!
I love the page you created with the main kit sweetie, simply gorgeous!

I am totally in love with the necklace you made....it is STUNNING!!! If you ever get sick of it you can always send it over to live with me....lol!! Big hugs, D.
xoxo