Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bad, bad blogger!

So chalk me up as another blogger these days to have not posted in a while. It's not that I don't have anything to blog about but the weeks have just gotten away from me.

My little guy had his end of year first grade performance last week. His class sang 3 songs and it was so stinkin' cute! We finally invested in a new camcorder so I was happy to finally get Darren on video since it's been at least 3 years since our last camcorder was operable!



Although I have to admit I didn't even scrap on National Scrapbook Day last Saturday, I did manage to go with Ginger to the ZNE Convenzione in Pleasanton that day. The convention is a sort of craft faire of mixed media artists and sellers that include vintage items and lots of ephemera and fun paperie. Check out this adorable crepe paper star we made at Ann-Denise Anderson's make-and-take table. She is an artist (otherwise known as the Queen of Crepe!) involved with Whim & Fancy Designs. Her work is fun, inspirational and downright amazing! I just so happened to check out her blog and saw our picture there! Here it is (hope she doesn't mind me swiping it!)



Last but not least, I managed to finish a mini-book (finally!) on my first-ever 5K run that Ginger and I did in Golden Gate park last Thanksgiving. (I know! Doing this book has been on my to-do list!) Looking back at that experience has reinvigorated my desire to run a 10K this spring or summer. Guess I'd better start running again on a regular basis!











2 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Your minibook is adorable! and that crepe paper project is fantastic!

Carolyn Ward said...

What a great little book! I love it and want to copy it!!