Thursday, October 9, 2008

Our final camping trip of the year








It was our last hurrah. 3 days at Collins Lake near Marysville. We gave it a 6 out of 10 on the camping scale. The view of the lake was fantastic, we reveled in the quietness of it all but this place was definitely not created for tenters such as ourselves. It was rocky and there weren't a lot of sites near the all-important flush toilets (no pit toilets for me! Yuck!) that had level ground pads to set up tents.

The boys spent about 8 hours over the next three days fishing at the lake catching bass and bluegills. We were all surprised at how long they were able to focus on the simple task of WAITING for that fish to bite. I think Bruce created two fishing addicts.

I spent an hour on the pier waiting for Darren to catch a fish so that I could get a picture of the exciting moment but I waited in vain. Of course, the moment I told him I was leaving and started up the hill away from the pier he caught this:



Way to go! What a beauty!

While the boys and Bruce fished Ginger and I had a lot of free time on our hands. We did manage to scrap a mini-book but that was all we had brought so we had to settle for a few hours of solitaire.

Our last day consisted of more fishing for the boys and a few hours at the beach on the lake. Your guess is as good as mine as to which one is the bigger kid.






And last, but not least, I leave you with our final bottle of margaritas until next year.

No comments: