Saturday, February 5, 2011

No Football Here!

I know I've been a bad blogger of late. I missed my last 2 Travel Tuesdays but between work and my dear MIL who has temporarily moved in with us due to health issues I honestly haven't had time to blog or craft.

Things are gonna change tomorrow because Darren's last basketball game of the season was this morning {let's hear it for no more twice/week practices and games every weekend! ~ Although I will miss watching him play!}and I'm going to the Art Inspired Studios Superbowl Crop {I think it really should have been called the anti-Superbowl Crop}tomorrow with Ginger and Marie. I have no idea what I will work on but crops usually are social outlets for me rather than getting some serious crafting accomplished.

I really should get my December Daily done but I have been wanting to pick up crocheting again to change things up a bit. I did crochet a very basic stitch that my grandmother taught me when I was a young girl and I remember making bedspreads, area rugs and the like for my Barbies. Yeah, it's been a long time! I've seen so many cute embellishments and crafts being made these days and I saw this video on You Tube late one night this week and my goal is to try to make one {or three!}




I would also love to take Jenni Bowlin's Big Picture Class: Re-Purpose, Re-think, Re-invent that begins on March 31st and runs 6 weeks. I've never used an inspiration board but I love the idea of it. Check out Jenni's inspiration board:

If you've taken this class before, please let me know what you thought about the class. I'm sure it's going to be fabulous. Lord knows I have vintage buttons and doo-dads galore so putting them all to good use beyond a scrapbook page, mini-book or banner is something I want to work towards.

What are your plans this weekend that don't involve football? :-P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh man I would love to take that class but its a little high priced!! Half that I soooo woulda dont it lol! I had a great time with u girls! Cant wait for the next one.